MORE ABOUT THE SURVEY
Although the Society has traditionally focussed its attention on wild deer, one of the foundation elements of the Society’s charitable status is the wider welfare and humane treatment of deer.
To assist with this the BDS has created a register of all enclosed or otherwise captive deer of any species in the UK. This is the first comprehensive list of its kind and is an invaluable asset.
The survey allows us to:
- advise the public on where they can view deer
- record endangered species
- allow us to react quickly to outbreaks of diseases affecting deer
THE RESULTS SO FAR
The document link below lists results for establishments that offer public access including name, location, species present and website, sorted by town/county.
The first six deer species listed are also present in the wild in Britain, thereafter the ‘exotics’ are alphabetic.
Please click on the link below to download the most up-to-date Excel spreadsheet.
When you click on this link a copy of the spreadsheet will be downloaded onto your computer.
Please read the notes below that accompany the document:
1. You are strongly advised to check opening details before visiting any establishment. Please be aware that circumstances may have changed since they were recorded and some species shown may no longer be present.
2. If there are any details that you feel should be changed or added, please notify the British Deer Society by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Do you you know of another zoo, park or other collection of deer, whether open to the public or not, that needs to be added to the list? If so, please email email@example.com