Thinking of what to buy someone interested in deer? Why not treat them to a year's BDS membership for just £62.
BDS membership includes:
• A copy of our quarterly glossy journal, ‘Deer’, packed with interesting articles and information
• Membership of a local BDS branch offering talks, demonstrations, advice and range days
• Use of a rifle on any of our courses held throughout the year
• Regular deer news in our ‘Deerbytes’ e-newsletter (for those who subscribe), our website, Facebook and Twitter
• The chance to join specialist interests such as photography and research
• The chance to participate in regular prize draws and internet auctions
• The option to buy Field Sports Insurance for your own recreational and countryside pursuits
The membership pack can be sent to you to present personally or can be sent directly to the recipient.
Exclusive BDS Calendar featuring stunning seasonal images of deer throughout the UK taken by some of our regular photographers in an A3 Wall Calendar.
• Practical, large month-to-view format, with space for important daily appointments
• Seasonal diary dates included
• Spiral bound. 420 x 297mm
• Perfect Christmas present
• £11.95 each including P&P (UK only)
Following a significant increase in the number of cases of ASF, a disease of pigs, in Eastern Europe, and recent western spread to Belgium, the risk of an introduction of this disease to the UK has increased and is causing concern.
Although the disease does not affect humans and there is no food safety risk associated with meat, ASF is a highly contagious and usually fatal viral disease of pigs.
Everyone travelling to the continent for hunting and shooting or similarly organising these activities in the UK needs to take several precautions to reduce the risk of ASF entering the UK.
The National Rifle Association (NRA) have announced that, with effect from 01 Jan 2019, new arrangements for the issue of MoD Shooter Certification Cards (SCCs) to members of affiliated clubs will come into place. All current cards expire on 31 Dec 2018 and will be replaced by photo cards and the BDS will require a £25.00 fee to facilitate these. The new cards will be valid for one year and renewed annually.
All renewal applications for Shooter Certification Cards for 2019 must be received by BDS no later than the 10th December 2018.View News Archive