Current and recently concluded studies and research projects supported by the British Deer Society are listed here.
Click to view each project.
- The potential for reintroduction of Eurasian lynx to Great Britain: a summary of the evidence - Jos M. Milner & R. Justin Irvine - Aug 2015
- Detecting changes in deer numbers in space & time -Durham University - Gauthier, Irvine & Stephens
- Ecological determinants of Lyme borreliosis risk in the South Downs National Park and the potential for one-health based interventions – J.Middleton, University of Brighton
- The relative contribution of genetic drift and natural selection on founder populations of deer - Menno de Jong, University of Durham
- Deer, biodiversity management and ecotourism in the Hebrides – HM O’Neill, University of Durham
- Factors associated with shooting accuracy and wounding rate of four managed wild deer species in the UK – N. Aebischer, C. Wheatley & H Rose
- Genetic diversity in the Major Histocompatibility Complex in Scottish red deer - Dr Silvia Pérez-Espona, Anglia Ruskin University
- Intrasexual selection drives sensitivity to pitch, formants and duration in the competitive calls of fallow bucks - Benjamin J Pitcher, Elodie F Briefer and Alan G McElligott – Queen Mary University of London