Join the British Deer Society and help secure the future of wild deer in the UK
Science & Research - We commission, fund and support research projects which improve our understanding of the biology of deer and their interactions with their environment, helping us to improve deer management. Read more about Science & Research
Education - BDS aims to provide a range of opportunities for the public to discover more about wild deer in the UK, to encourage an understanding and appreciation of them and their place within our natural landscape. Read more about Education
Training - Our range of nationally-recognised training courses in effective management of deer and their habitats help to improve the skills and expertise of practising deer managers. Read more about Training
Advocacy - Our technical experts advise government, government agencies and other public bodies on deer-related issues to ensure best practice in deer management. Read more about Advocacy
Over 6,000 people from all walks of life are already members and supporters of the British Deer Society. They are united by their passion for wild deer and the desire to safeguard the future of these iconic creatures.
Membership is open to all from academics to zoo keepers, and includes conservationists, stalkers, scientists, deer watchers, artists and photographers.
As a BDS member you will receive:
- A copy of our quarterly glossy journal, ‘Deer’, packed with interesting articles and information
- Membership of a local BDS branch offering talks, demonstrations, advice and range days
- Regular deer news in our ‘Deerbytes’ e-newsletter (for those who subscribe), our website, Facebook and Twitter
- The chance to join specialist interests such as photography and research
- The chance to participate in regular prize draws and internet auctions
1. Annual Membership only
|Individual||£60 (Direct debit) or £65 (credit/debit card, cheque or cash)|
|Family Membership||£95 (Direct Debit) or £105 (credit/debit card, cheque or cash)|
|Corporate (businesses, societies & organisations)||£160|
Membership runs for one calendar year from the month of joining.
Click on above links to apply online, call the Membership Secretary on 01425 655434 Option 2, or email email@example.com
2. Annual Membership PLUS Field Sports Insurance
Please note: we are reviewing our current policy and therefore are temporarily not accepting any new entrants to the scheme.
Current insurance policy covers:
- £10m public liability cover and £10m of product liability cover
- Activities covered include: deer stalking and management, wildfowling, wild boar hunting, vermin and pest control, indoor shooting, fishing, game shooting, clay pigeon shooting and target shooting
pdf View a full version of the 2019/2020 BDS Field Sports Insurance Policy (605 KB) (new 2020/2021 policy document coming soon)
Membership, insurance or change of address queries E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01425 655434 Option 2