For the first time, award-winning professional wildlife photographer Jules Cox is offering an online master class where he will share with you his knowledge, tips and tricks for photographing deer.
The Deer Photography Masterclass is a 2-hour online zoom course split into three parts. Over the course of the sessions, Jules will cover everything that attendees need to know to take beautiful images of deer to a professional level using his own stunning portfolio of images by way of illustration.
Introduction to deer photography
This is an introductory session where Jules covers the following topics:
- The natural history of British native species of deer
- Jules’s approach to deer photography generally providing an invaluable insight into his fieldcraft, which employs a new approach to deer photography that steps away from traditional ‘stalking’ techniques.
- His recommended Camera gear and settings
- Jules approach to achieving beautiful, aesthetically pleasing images of deer in their natural habitat including the importance of light and how to employ it effectively
- The importance of following the British Deer Society Code of Conduct on Deer Photography which Jules wrote on behalf of BDS.
Photographing the red deer rut
This session is focused on building a portfolio of beautiful images of red deer in the rut both in the parks and the wild.
Topics covered include capturing beautiful images:
- In autumn colours
- In mist
- Behavioural shots such as roaring, fighting and bracken adornment
Photographing deer in the wild
The focus of this final session is Roe deer. Jules has spent ten years photographing this perhaps our most beautiful and beguiling species of deer in the wild.
Topics covered will include:
- Why roe deer
- Photographing roe deer through the seasons
- Photographing deer in different habitats
- Capturing behaviour
The Masterclass will finish with Jules’ tips on how to capture award-winning images.
Course dates and times
The course takes place over three nights via zoom starting at 7 pm on 27th September, 2nd October and 3rd October.
Jules will make his course notes available after the session so you can just sit back and enjoy the presentation without needing to scribble down notes!
The cost of the course is £99.
£75 for British Deer Society members.
(Payment is non-refundable)
How to book
Email Jules at firstname.lastname@example.org to book. On receipt of payment, you will then be sent a zoom link to the course.
(C) Images and course content copyright Julian Cox trading as Jules Cox photography